Monday, December 2, 2013

Over Worked, Over Tired, and Under Paid

I have to write three exams, grade 60 essays, grade various homework assignments, and get interim grades done.

This is not due to me slacking off which makes it worse.

I decided to do the math and over the last two weeks, I've spent over 50 hours outside of school doing work related things.

What sucks is that no teacher is ever paid for this extra time spent. I could go on and on about how this isn't fair, we should be paid for, etc. But I'm not going to.

The thing that sucks almost as much as not getting paid is how tired I always am during the school year. I wake up at 5am every day and work until at least 4pm if not later. Some days I'm not home until 8pm.

This just makes me.....tired.

Trying to make this positive is near impossible.

I really don't have any encouraging words for how to spin this one into a positive light. I just know that this permanent state of exhaustion is not unique to me and I know how lonely you feel when you're in this state. So I wanted to tell the teacher that feels overly exhausted and feels like no one understands why they are so tired; you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment